Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Monday Things, Rain and Chickens

Yes, I know it's Tuesday.  I'm a bit behind.  Maybe it will cycle around and I'll be ahead?

We've been getting some rain in the mountains and it's a good thing.  If we go too long without rain in The Northwest we all get a bit anxious. It's refreshing and relaxing.  Good coffee drinking weather.

(image from Garden Of Words)




Have you noticed that it's becoming more popular to keep chickens?  We have always known a few friends who have had chickens, usually in rural areas. But chickens are showing up in urban settings, the suburbs and yes, even in the mountains.  A neighbor up the road has a pretty nice coop set up, complete with metal roof for snow that matches and is attached to his home.  I ran into another neighbor yesterday who told me they have chickens "in the bathtub".  Their coop is decidedly more basic, $20 worth of materials attached to the porch gives the chickens shelter and keeps them close.  There are a lot of options for your chicken home.  I saw This Place on a recent trip through Ballard.  While I don't think I could keep chickens myself I certainly admire those who are taking it on, especially in the mountains where there's an extra challenge to it.   


Have you noticed chickens in your neighborhood?  Do you have chickens?  I do like the thought of fresh eggs....Happy Spring!

4 comments:

  1. Yes it's so strange. My mom found out randomly her neighbor had chickens when one got loose in her yard. She never knew They had chickens lol.

    I could use some rain down here, we are already in the 90's blah

    ReplyDelete
  2. 90's! Oh my goodness! That's hot already. Chickens are pretty quiet. But our neighbor used to keep a rooster. You know when they are in the neighborhood! How's running these days? I'm in a slump. Just ordered new shoes. Hoping for a pick me up with new gear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started back up last week. I think I'm done battling PF so I can slowly build up my stamina again. No no no I've been gone too long to be hearing about slumps. You better get back on track asap. Oh and new gear is ALWAYS like Xmas for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 inches of snow here this morning! Mother Nature doing her best at April Fools! well good luck as you start back up. Go slow! You are right about the gear....maybe I should buy a few more things!

    ReplyDelete