Friday, May 9, 2014

Day at the Beach

Our trip to the coast (Westport WA) Wednesday was wonderful.  It's about a 3 hr, no traffic, drive and when we arrived it was sunny!  Sun on the Washington coast?  Score!  Water temp was 54 and air temp about the same at 53.  My husband has been surfing for decades, but I am a beginner beginner beginner.  While the waves weren't big, they were close together and ended up being choppy and chaotic.  The alternative activity?  A run on the beach of course!

what it usually looks like, gray and foggy




There is a paved path that runs through the dunes which I took one way then cut down to the beach for the return.  The tide was up a bit and the exposed beach was fairly rocky, so no barefoot running.  But I couldn't wait to get my shoes off and put my toes in the warm sand and then walk in the cool waves! Far better than any spa experience...It was glorious! I wish I could show you the sun sparkling on the white capped waves and the sandpipers running, faster than me, along the shore.  But my phone and camera where left behind, which made for a rather peaceful day.  I can honestly say I have NEVER had a bad day at the beach.  There is always something fabulous to see , the waves pound the shore and the beach grass blows in the wind , making little circles in the sand.  I think I need to make beach runs part of my monthly training routine!  Happy Weekend!
the kids last year, they are beginners too but wayyy better than me

sun makes a big difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment