Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Things

My Mother's Day flowers are wilting as I type but that's ok; it was a wonderful day!  Grilled fish tacos, a family walk up the hill through town and a Black Forest cake from the local bakery.  It's become our go to cake for every  occasion (like birthdays) and sometimes we make up occasions....

In case you weren't aware of this fact, it's American Craft Beer Week! (no I didn't make it up).   I am going to celebrate with one of my favorite local craft beers from Two Beers Brewing Co. in Seattle, the EVO IPA.  It was the IPA that made me a believer in the whole IPA thing.  I finally GET IT!  

And last on my list this Monday....I am incredibly tired of eating the same old healthy grain cluster stuff that I have eaten for what seems like forever (okay, just for a few months).  It's not that it isn't delicious but I am just burned out on it.  So, I made my own granola!  It's a delicious recipe from Barefoot Contessa, Back to Basics by Ina Garten.  I have 6 or 7 of her cook books and I love them.  This recipe is fairly simple, the ingredients are easy to find and it tastes really great.  it also ends up being about half the price of the brand I buy.  It's such a 70's thing to do! Seriously, I actually remember the first time I ever had home made granola and it was 1972.  Enjoy your week!  Run strong, eat well, drink some craft beer~

No comments:

Post a Comment