Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Reading

Every summer I pick a pile of books and get reading.  I give myself a guideline of choosing one book from 5 different categories:  bestseller, nonfiction, classic literature, a random title and a sci fi book.  In the past I chose books that often only met one requirement....easy reading on a coast to coast airplane trip.  (I've read every single one of Daniel Silva's spy novels because of that!)  Some of the non-fiction have been biographies, Agassi's Open, or Alberto Salazar's life story, 14 Minutes.  And I also like history so Nathaniel Philbrick's books have been a lot of fun. In the Heart of the Sea,  the tragedy of the whaleship Essex, was my favorite!  I am a big fan of Haruki Murakami, (1Q84 wasn't a book as much as a place I visited, LOVED it) and I also have read the entire Virga series by Karl Schroeder.  I have two standbys that I usually drag out and reread again and again, Melville's Moby Dick and Kate Chopin's The Awakening. I've got my books ready, in fact have already read 3 books and here it is only June 25!  I've got the perfect place to read too....


This pile of books

that hammock

current read

Do you like to curl up with a good book?  Got a favorite beach read?  Summer reading, it's one of my "summer magic glitter" ingredients.....Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a reader at all but reading a good book in that hammock with the great view I think I could totally become one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always read a running magazine! ;) The problem with that hammock honestly is staying awake!!

    ReplyDelete