Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Signs of Spring

Dirty snow, broken sleds, holes opening up everyhere and soft, wet snow…these are our local signs of spring.  I’m excited that it’s March 1st!  February was rainy with two weeks straight of rain that really melted our snow pack.  But then we had some great sunny days and my husband and  I were able to get out and take a few runs together one day last week. It was gorgeous!    I can always count on him to get some great action shots.  Like this one:

That’s right, I’m tightening my boot!  But look at all that sunshine and nice snow!  Then there’s this one…..I’m actually SIDE SLIPPING.  Is it my first day on a snowboard?  NO.  Ha ha ha, but maybe he was looking at the view, and not at me.  In my defense (yes, I feel like I need to defend myself)  just out of view to the right was a group lesson of tiny skiers!  They were so adorable!  They make huge turns and I was trying to let them get ahead of me.  Well, that didn’t take long for most of them. Gosh they are fast!


It was a beautiful day out there.  Since then we have had more rain and are losing more snow.  There are holes like this one opening up all over the place.



But it’s all good.  We can ride around them!
Happy March!  In just a few weeks it will officially be SPRING!  Hooray for that!  I’m certainly looking forward to it.  Aren’t you??





9 comments:

  1. Wow way to mow down the entire run, how rude lol.

    Makes me miss snowboarding bad. Glad you guys are getting in some outdoor adventures 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT's been pretty nice! Hoping for some new snow to keep riding through the spring. It's a slush pile out there today! cheers! Hope you are feeling well and recovered from the Marathon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still having nice weather? Getting in those outdoor adventures??

    ReplyDelete
  4. No adventures yet this week! I think Friday we may venture over to Mission Ridge for some sunny runs....weather has been a mixed bag here of late. Rain snow sun and then it starts over. At least a little snow is keeping things looking fresh! Fully recovered from the Marathon? How's the IT band?

    ReplyDelete
  5. From down here that seems like the normal pattern for your weather lol.

    Yeah legs feel good. I think I'll start my activities again next week. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good, be nice to get back at it I bet! Hah! Yes, I think you are right about the weather here, I'm just in denial! More rain/snow/sun today/\. and I never seem to time it right as I am always out in the rain....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Richard, check out this post when you get a chance! I loved it, you may have already seen it....but it's good
    http://www.saltyrunning.com/2016/03/02/a-matter-of-time/#more-48425


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a great read. I've been pretty good about letting this last marathon go, I use the fall to get back up, dust myself off, and work harder next time. Its only a matter of time til the right day comes along :)

      Delete
  8. Good positivity ! I like that about you! Yes, I thought it was good reading. This time of year I need a lot of help. Just when spring seemed to be arriving and the roads were bare, we got about a foot of snow over the last two days! The groundhog....was wrong!

    ReplyDelete