Tuesday, November 1, 2016

October

October was a busy month!  We bought a new car.  My husband's '04 WRX had over 370,000 miles on it and had to be put out to pasture.  It was on it's second engine, but everything else was worn out!  Within the next year, he will reach the point of having logged a million miles in Subarus!  LOVE them!

our new Subaru Crosstrek
I also went to las Vegas for a weekend with my daughter to celebrate her 21st birthday.  She turned 21 back in September.  We have been through a lot together, especially over the last decade.  She is a type 1 diabetic; life is not always easy.  It's a very challenging disease to live with 24/7.  So, we thought it was a great occasion to get a little over the top and celebrate her birthday!  


We have both tired of telling this story, but....so we got tickets to see Billy Idol.  She has always been a fan since she was a kid.  No idea why....she also bought a Meet and Greet ticket!    Let's just say that didn't go as planned.  Some nit wit (this is the G rated version) a couple of people ahead of my daughter (who was about 6th in line out of 100) decided to try to KISS BILLY!!  That ended with him freaking out, swearing and storming off, cancelling the M&G and threatening to cancel the show!  Some people just can't follow the rules!!  After a lot of waiting and chaos over a couple of hours, we arrived at our table.  The offending fan was eventually taken away by security.  The concert was GREAT.  Excellent venue, super staff and a great show.  It wasn't exactly the experience she had dreamed of, but not many of us get to see a rock star freak out from five feet away!  Now that is a memory!!

October has been rainy...very rainy.  I thought I was being premature complaining about it until I read that this October has been the RAINIEST on record in the Seattle area. (about 10 inches)  We tend to get a bit more rain here in the mountains, so no wonder it's been getting to me!!!  Every day is wet and dark.  Every day is wet and dark.  Did you hear me?  Every day is WET and DARK!!  Gotta think snow....there is some up high.  Hopefully, November will be white!



Mae and I wish you all a very happy month ahead.  Hope your days are dry and bright!  



11 comments:

  1. Now that is a memorable story lol. Many people can say they met him and shook his hand. Not many can say they saw him freak out and storm off. Lol that's awesome.

    New car looks great. Does it work well in the weather? Rain and snow?

    Come on the rain isn't so bad. I bet with all the trees it smells amazing this time of year. You'll have snow in no time I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right!? That is a much more interesting story and memory! Yes, the new car is great! Has about 8 inches of clearance so will be an excellent snow car. Will be putting snow tires on it soon too. It's the 6th Subaru we've had... and no actually it smells damp and dank out there! like rot! The mushrooms are cool though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go with trucks, it's a guy thing. But those cross overvehicles have always been awesome.

    I guess I'll stay here in az where is smells like ponderosa lines when it rains. Well up north it does lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, I drive a truck. ..I guess it's not a guy thing !
    Love the smell of pines!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to do a lot of shmoozing to get my truck. We eventually traded for a 4 door last year but still a truck. Love it and probably will never go back. But one day when kids are gone I'd like one with all the bells and whistles just because lol.

    I love the smell of pine too. We are headed up north this weekend. I'll share some pics on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend! it will be nice to run in some cooler temps I bet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No running in cool temps but we did bag some rainbow trout. Is the snow coming down yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great trip! Nope,no snow...far too warm. It's weird actually. Has been in the 60's and 70's in town. gorgeous day today but the freezing level is up around 11,000 feet! Lol! there isn't even any dusting on the peaks around us :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like great weather for some outdoor adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been great. had an epic day yesterday with incredible weather. Hiked up mt....will post some pics tomorrow!
    3 1/2 weeks!!! You must be so nervous/excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heck yes you better post some pics. Really enjoy seeing the area, much different than az.

    Not nervous yet, still focused on this week as it's a tough week. Once I start to taper I'll have more time to get nervous lol

    ReplyDelete