Thursday, December 4, 2014

Songs In The Key Of Life




One of the greatest things about where we live is the proximity to Seattle and all that the city life has to offer.....well, last night it offered up one hell of a gem!!  I was fortunate enough to have the sense to get a ticket to this concert, this "Historic one night only event".  Amazingly, I saw that he was going to be in the Key Arena months ago, then forgot about it! (big duh). Luckily, I happened to hear one of his songs on Sirius radio (LOVE that ) and quickly did the ticketmaster disaster thing to find a seat....only singles left so hey, bought a cheap ($67 with fees) seat, nosebleed section, and went.  Astonishingly, I got tapped on the shoulder by the usher just before the show was to start and he asked if I was a "single" , and would I like to go sit down in the floor section?  WHAT?????  The young man sitting behind me also got the offer and like two little kids clutching the golden tickets, we went scurrying downstairs to find our new, upgraded seats.  I can not even begin to tell you how fantastic this concert was.  The musicianship, the talent on that stage, it was incredible and by far the best concert I have ever seen.  I bought that album, Songs in the Key of Life, when it came out in 1976.  I've listened to it countless times.  It's a gift.  I am just overwhelmed by that one man's talent, his character and his soul.  He and his fellow musicians and performers (outstanding!!) played that album in it's entirety as well as several other classics.  The show was over 3 hours.  If you see this show is near you??  GO!  It was one of those life affirming experiences that just makes you damn fucking glad to be alive....

(Key Arena photo)


1 comment: