Wednesday, July 8, 2015

On The Coast With Mae


Our trip to the Oregon coast was so much fun!  We stay in Pacific City and have been there 4 or 5 times, but this was Mae's first trip to the beach. She loved it!  We were able to stay in a pet friendly house and the beach was loaded with happy people and happy dogs of all sizes.  It was only 58 degrees when we arrived on Sunday.  A 40 degree temperature difference from home, and boy did it feel great!!  Monday it was nice enough to actually sit out in the sun on the beach, though the water temp there is only 58 as well.  We may have to go again in late summer.  It has become one of our favorite places~

Nothing like a run on the beach

Digging is serious business


Dune at Cape Kiwanda



beach at Pacific City

Hope your summer travel treats you well!  Do you have a favorite destination?









6 comments:

  1. Wow, the beach looks amazing. And Mae definitely looks to be having a great time. 58* is way to cold for my AZ blood. When we were in cali a few weeks ago, temps at the beach were right around 70*, that seems to be my perfect temp lol. Beach is great but my favorite destination is Sedona in northern AZ..camping out in the woods, can't get enough of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 72 is about my limit! It's been in the 90's here and all I do is whine : Sedona is so pretty! I can see why it's a favorite. I've only been out by there once with some Flagstaff friends. We went to a natural water slide area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is slide rock national park, that is exactly where we go when we go camping lol. That area is gorgeous, then again flagstaff is extremely nice too. 90* and your wining?? I'm going to start commenting EVERY day what the temps are in AZ to keep you from wining lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be very helpful! Lol! Hey guess what? this morning it's 58! Perfect! We also have a huge fog bank out there, now THAT is the PNW weather I love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes...58* where is my jacket. We must have a cold front coming through because our high is only 98 today :). No idea what PNW means, you need to explain these things lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ya, I'm reaching for my down jacket! PNW= Pacific Northwest....I'm a lazy typer

    ReplyDelete