Friday, July 10, 2015

Versatile Blogger

My ever faithful follower and fellow blogger Richard, at The Running Schlub, has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.  I am flattered that he thinks enough of my blog to tag me on his list and I will do my best to play along and answer the questions!  Besides, you all are probably thankful for a break from Mae posts!

About the Award:
The Versatile Blogger Award is for those blogs that bring something special to your life.  In picking your nominees, you are to consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page.  Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.

The Rules:
“Rules” are as follows: Answer the questions you have been given, nominate 10(ish) other bloggers and give them their own set of questions to answer.

So there you have it.  Now on to the  questions.....

1. What is something people might be surprised to learn about you?

    Well, my husband gives me a hard time about this, rightly so!  But I just love Axl Rose!


2.  What is your current go-to workout song?

     I have all kinds of playlists but lately the one song that gets me going is
     J. Geils Band, Ain't Nothing But a House Party .  

3.   What is one place on your travel must-see bucket list?

     Well, I'm not a bucket list type and the travel bug has yet to really bite me        but I DO have a list of places I want to visit.  It's hard to pick just one...
     Maybe New Zealand, no I mean Iceland, or Ireland but maybe the easiest 
     thing is to start close to home and see this: Arches National Park, Utah


4.     What is your favorite distance to run?

        I like to keep things short so I'm basically a 5k runner  bumping up to a             nice 5 miler if I can.

5.     What would you do with a $1000 gift card?

        Mother -Daughter shopping spree!  (see #10)  

6.     If you could choose to do anything for a day what would it be?

      As lame as it sounds , I am SO chronically sleep deprived that if I had a
     day to do anything I would SLEEP!


7.     What would you sing at Karaoke night?

     I have never sung at karaoke!  But if I had the opportunity I would sing:

     Two Pina Coladas   I would need at least 2 pina coladas to do it!

       This Van Halen song would  be a good alternate!  

8.     If you could travel back in time what year would you travel back to?

      Hmmm, I'm torn here.  Either 1978, if I could be the age I was then!
     Or,  the 1940's , because I would love to know my mom as a young woman!
      She was so fabulous!


9.     Aside from necessities, what is the one thing you could not go a day 
        without?
                       CHAPSTICK!  I am a nut about lipstick and chapstick and have           them stashed everywhere!!    

          currently my favorite is Sun Bum, coconut flavor! 

10.   How many pairs of shoes do you have?

       If you mean running shoes, that's easy, I have 4.  2 of which are
       retired....But all shoes?  Oh my goodness.  My husband would say 
      "too many!" but that is just wrong because you can NEVER have too many          shoes!  Though admittedly I have a few pairs in my closet that are "new in        box" so possibly I am a bit of a shoe hoarder?  Though it's ok to hoard
       running shoes because you never know when they will be discontinued.  
       In fact there is a pair of Brooks "new in box" under the bed!
       And then there are all the other athletic shoes, snowshoes, snowboard              boots, xc ski boots, surf booties and old smelly climbing shoes....  My                closets are jammed pack. The ridiculous thing is that all I usually wear is a        pair of flip flops!  Or these if I feel "fancy":


This has been fun and I hope you have learned a little more about me!  I need to think about who I should tag to share this Versatile Blogger Award!  Thanks Richard for including me!
    

     

 







2 comments:

  1. Axl Rose is awesome, I use to be a die hard GnR fan back in his prime. Sleep?!?! Really?!?!?! Can you say BORING!! Lol. Knowing your mom earlier in life would be amazing, I would do the same for my grandma. Ok WAY too many shoes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really does sound boring doesn't it? :( I'm not that dull though! Honestly I don't think I've slept well since the 80's! Kids....I'm blaming them!

    ReplyDelete