Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Green Grass

One of the things I truly love about where I live is that I can be on snow, xc skiing, snowboarding or just running around , maybe sitting on a snowbank....




....and then with a 30 minute drive?  I can be in a completely different place, usually 10-20 degrees warmer and the grass is green!  By February the Seattle area has flowering trees and shrubs in bloom, everything is green, though a bit soggy, and it really feels like spring!  But with the snow pack we have this winter, we will be enjoying "winter" sports well into May.  Not a bad deal really.



It was actually a bit warm for her at 50 degrees!  Used to the snow and cold weather.

4 comments:

  1. I love the contrasting environments. We have the same here in az. Right now it's gorgeous in the valley with highs of 60°. Two hour drive north and you have 2 feet of snow. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it definitely gives you some options! I can't tell you how refreshing it is to go down and see grass! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only got a short run in while I'm the snow. Got a ton of sledding in though, but man my whole upper body is sore from holding onto the sled. Maybe I should reconsider the whole weight room thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was it a plastic sled? Or heavier metal? Lol! don't feel bad, I used ski poles two days in a row and my hands hurt! Kids (and you!) must have had a great time!

      Delete