Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy New Year!

View at the top of Hyak

I hope 2016 is treating you well so far!  Since my last post, we have had a huge amount of snow! At one point we had 9 feet in 7 days!  That resulted in road closures, a power outage and lots of snow clearing!  But the power came back on Christmas eve and Christmas morning the highway reopened so we were all able to be together, the best gift of all!!

I spend nearly every morning playing outside with Mae. She is loving the snow! It's fun to have such an energetic companion! It gets my day off to a good start.  


The morning routine
I'm not the resolution making type. Sometimes I make goofy resolutions, "Buy more shoes" or "wear more dresses".  And often, I wish that it was a new year 40 years previous!  If I woke up and it was 1976 well, that would be awesome! The fact is, that 40 years has been an eye blink.   How do you slow it down? Sigh.   Well, make great moments happen!  My best moment so far?  A great big snowboarding turn in fresh snow ~  beautiful!    What's your best moment of 2016?  Got one yet?    I sure hope you have lots of them!  cheers~

6 comments:

  1. Wow a new post...gasp lol. All that snow looks amazing. I had a epic run a couple weeks ago, has to be the highlight of 2016 so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that post about your great run! So awesome! And also your new one about gear etc. I bet you feel so light not carrying hydration! I have a hand held that works great, shaped to the hand etc. Though I've never had to refill it while running or in a race! That sounds tricky! Practice that lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I feel really freed up without the pack. I definitely need to practice refilling the water bottle because I don't want to stop each time during the race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, get that down! How are you feeling now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Foot is good, ran 2 miles last night with very little remnants of the injury. I'm excited for races this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Will be looking forward to the recap!

    ReplyDelete